Heritage Day Lotto
You can take part in Heritage Day Lotto on 24 September every year to try and win huge prizes. There are four prize divisions in total, including a jackpot of R255 million. It’s an annual draw to enjoy alongside Heritage Day, with the winning numbers selected at 20:00.
The Heritage Day Lotto results will be shown here after the draw takes place on 24th September at 20:00.
Heritage Day is a South African public holiday which celebrates culture and diversity. Its origins date back to Zulu king Shaka, who helped to unite the country in the early 1800s, but Heritage Day was only instituted as a public holiday in 1995 following the end of Apartheid and now it is more of a reflection of the different cultural elements that make up a rainbow nation.
Various events take place throughout South Africa to mark Heritage Day, including processions, battle recreations and informal barbecues known as braais. Since 2021, you have also been able to get involved in a special lottery draw.
How to Play Heritage Day Lotto
It’s easy to take part in Heritage Day Lotto. As long as you are over the age of 18 and have access to a smartphone, tablet or computer, you can enter online to give yourself an opportunity to win. Follow the steps below to take part:
- Choose Your Numbers - You need to pick six main numbers from 1 to 50 and a Joker Ball from a separate set of 1 to 5. It’s up to you whether you select your own or go with the Quick Pick option to get a random set.
- Decide How Many Sets of Numbers - Stick with one set of numbers or move on to the next panel and fill out another selection. The more entries you submit, the greater your chances of winning.
- Add To Cart – Once you’re happy with your selections, press ‘Add To Cart’ to load them up ready for purchase.
- Pay For Your Entries - Heritage Day Lotto costs R25.50 per entry. You’ll be prompted to sign in when you select ‘Pay’ and you’ll need to make sure you have sufficient funds in your account. If you’re a new user, it just takes a moment or two to register for an online account.
- Wait For The Draw - The draw happens at 20:00 on 24 September and the winning numbers are announced straight away.
The advantage of playing online is that your numbers are safely stored and there is no paper ticket to keep hold of. Your numbers are automatically checked after the draw and you’ll receive an email if you win.
There are four prizes that you can win in Heritage Lotto, starting from R85 if three of your six main numbers from 1 to 50 appear in the draw. The value of prizes increases as you match more numbers, right up to the jackpot if you get all seven, including the Joker Ball.
The jackpot is R255 million, ranking it alongside some of the biggest and best games from around the world. Unlike other South African draws where it might take months to climb into nine figures, this amount is guaranteed to be put up for grabs every Heritage Day.
There’s only one chance to win the jackpot every year, though, and if you don’t take part you’ll have to wait another 12 months.
All the prize divisions are shown in the table below. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 79,453,500.
|Division||Numbers Matched||Prize Amount|
|1||6 + Joker Ball||R255 million|
|2||5 + Joker Ball||R170,000|
|3||4 + Joker Ball||R1,700|
The jackpot is split between winners if there are multiple entries that match all seven numbers. All of the other prize amounts are fixed, so you know exactly what you will receive if you win. If you do win, the prize will be credited to your online account. You can then decide whether to withdraw your money or use it on other online lotteries.
About Heritage Day Lotto
Heritage Day Lotto started in 2021, with the first draw taking place on 24 September. It is only available through LotteryWorld, a licensed and regulated provider of international games.