Lottery Help & Information
Get the most important National Lottery information on this page to set you up for playing your favourite games. Find the main facts for each lottery and select the one of your choice for even more details. There's more lottery info below, helping you to learn even more about playing the National Lottery in South Africa.
Daily Lotto is a game which guarantees that all of the prize money must be won in every draw, so you can end up landing some major prizes without even matching all the numbers. You only have to match two out of five numbers to receive a payout.
- Pick five numbers from 36
- Draws every day at 21:00
- Four ways to win
- Jackpot must always be won
Lotto gives you the opportunity to land jackpots that can be worth tens of millions of rand. It's South Africa's longest-running game and is enjoyed twice a week. What's more, you can add Lotto Plus 1 and Plus 2 to your ticket to boost your chances even more.
- Draws held on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Select six numbers from 1 to 52
- Jackpot rolls over until it's won
- Lotto Plus 1 and Plus 2 also available
The biggest jackpot game in South Africa, Powerball's top prize has been known to rise even higher than R200 million. There are nine different prize divisions, while you can also take part in PowerBall Plus for another chance to win a huge jackpot.
- Choose five numbers from 1 to 50 and a PowerBall from 1 to 20
- Takes place every Tuesday and Friday
- No jackpot cap so giant prizes can be offered
- PowerBall Plus gives more chances to win
The National Lottery Raffle only takes place on special occasions and gives away luxury non-cash prizes - sports cars and even houses have been put up for grabs in the past. All of the prizes are guaranteed to be won in a Raffle and ticket prices vary.
- Raffle draws only take place around once a year
- Limited tickets are available for each draw - once they're gone, they're gone
- Match one of the winning codes to win a prize
- Cash and non-cash prizes can be won
Sportstake 8 is a game themed around soccer predictions. Predict the first-half and second-half outcomes for eight of the biggest matches around the world. Get at least 13 out of 16 predictions correct to win a prize.
- Three chances to play every week
- Predict what will happen in eight soccer games
- Propick option helps you play quickly
- Division 1 prize rolls over if nobody wins
In Sportstake 13, you predict the full-time result of 13 soccer matches. You need to get them all correct to win the jackpot, but there are prizes for getting as few as 10 right. Fixture lists are published three times a week.
- Predict the outcome of 13 soccer results
- Fixtures taken from biggest leagues in the world
- Multi-play and Propick options available
- Prizes for getting at least 10 predictions correct
In Pick 3, you have the flexibility to decide how you want to play. Only three winning numbers from 0 to 9 are selected, and you can choose whether you want to try and match them in the exact order or any order. You can win up to 500x your wager.
- Match three numbers from 0 to 9 to win
- Choose your play type and even how much you bet
- Prizes can be worth 500x your stake
- Game can only be played online
Take a look at some of the most popular international lotteries that can be played here in South Africa. Select a game to view information about how it is played, the latest winning numbers and links to play online.
It's easy to play any National Lottery game in South Africa, but there are still some important points you should know to help you along the way. Take a look at the pages below for more information, or visit the News section to stay up to date with the latest in the lottery world.
How to Claim Winnings
To claim prizes, you can take your ticket to a retailer, one of the National Lottery's regional offices, or even mail it in. The exact process and the options you have depend on how much you have won, but it is always a good idea to make sure you sign your entry.
If you play online, it is far simpler to receive your winnings as you will always be notified when you win and in most cases the money will just be transferred into your account.
Eaziwin games allow you to play for big prizes without even having to wait for a draw. You just need to walk into a store or log in to your lottery account and pick a game – you can win in an instant.
There are several options to choose from online and at retailers. The games have different themes and are played in slightly different ways, but it's very easy to take part in all of them.
Lost and Damaged Tickets
Your lottery ticket is the only proof that you have played a game and you'll need it to claim a prize, so make sure to keep it safe. However, if your ticket gets lost or damaged there are still steps you can take if you believe you're a winner.
Find Your Nearest Retailer
You can pick up tickets for lottery games from retailers all over South Africa. If you're not sure where the nearest store to you is that sells tickets, you can use this very handy tool to track down where you can play.